Friday, October 13, 2017

 

Haiku Friday: The Fall


This is such a sensual time of year-- when all of the senses can be engaged with what surrounds us. Originally, haiku were themed around nature and the sense of our surroundings that poetry encompasses so well.  

Please, write a haiku about what you see, taste, feel, hear, smell in this sweet season. I will go first:

There you are, red leaf
Taken to air, rustle, fly 
Fall, pile, gather, love.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5-7-5 syllable formula and have some fun!


Comments:
I buy a pumpkin
And think to myself, "This thing
Is Trump colored."
 
Going back up north
The last trip of the year (breath)
I hoist a shutter.
 
The heat of summer
Has finally gone south and
Frost covers the grass.

 
Medievalist-- that happened this week here in MN. But in Waco? Really?
 
Morning. I open
the door for the dog. He
brakes! The air’s now cold!

 
Seems Waco's summer
Has settled over Houston
On its southward trek.
 
No. It's almost 95F here today. We get relief on Sunday. I'm only dreaming until then.

 
Driving, roadside stand,
A field of colorful Mums
I stop and pick one.

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#